Job Announcement: Administrative Associate at CDWC￼￼
Are you detail-oriented and organized and want to put your skills to work for immigrant women’s and workers’ rights? CDWC is seeking an Administrative Associate to ensure that we have the support for our systems and structures in order to build the voice and power of immigrant women workers.
The California Domestic Workers Coalition (CDWC) is a coalition of grassroots domestic worker organizations and their supporters from the labor, faith, domestic employer, women and other grassroots communities, who are working to advance the rights of domestic workers. Domestic workers make all other work possible. They are the housecleaners, nannies, caregivers, cooks, and gardeners who care for our loved ones and our homes. In California, there are approximately 300,000 domestic workers. An estimated 2 million households hire workers to support their everyday lives – yet domestic work is too often undervalued and invisibilized. We have come together as a statewide network to build the leadership and political power of domestic workers and to ensure that statewide laws and agencies protect domestic workers from abuse. Finally, we work to inspire all Californians to uphold the dignity of domestic workers inside and outside of our homes.
About the Administrative Associate
CDWC is looking for an Administrative Associate to provide administrative support for Coalition operations, contracts and grants, as well as provide logistics support for coalition meetings, programs, campaigns and policy implementation. The Administrative Associate is key in making the Coalition’s work possible, creating the space and ensuring access for domestic worker leaders to practice their leadership, take action and build people power.
The Administrative Associate will work under the supervision of the Contracts Manager and in close collaboration with the staff team and affiliate organizers.
- Administrative and Operations Responsibilities
- Coordinate and process organizational affiliate disbursements, vendor and consultant invoices and staff reimbursement requests.
- Coordinate with Logistics & Administrative Coordinator to make necessary purchases and distribution of coalition materials, including office and meeting supplies, care and thank you packages, campaign prop, Know Your Rights materials, etc.
- Provide administrative support for grants and government contracts, managing grants calendar, and working with staff to ensure that all approved proposals, budgets, reports, award letters and MOUs are submitted to donor or program partners and are digitally filed.
- In coordination with the Contracts Manager, provide support with database development, data cleaning, and quality assurance.
- Manage organizational subscriptions and accounts (Zoom, Govbuddy, Adobe, etc.).
- Maintain email Listservs (updating contacts, creating new listservs etc.).
- Respond to and/or field inquiries and follow-up with new worker contacts to direct them to resources, affiliate organizations, and organizing efforts.
- Maintain the San Francisco and Oakland offices to be well organized and supportive work environments.
- Logistics Responsibilities
- Work with Operations Manager and Logistics & Administrative Coordinator to provide staffing support for coalition meetings, mobilizations, and other activities, including internal coalition communications (scheduling, confirmation of attendance, calendar invitations, Zoom meeting details, reminders, logistics details, and follow up notes and evaluations), transportation, accommodations, language access, venue, purchases (food, supplies, materials), rentals, vendor management, preparation of materials, accessibility, staffing, volunteer tasking, etc.
- Provide staffing support for meetings: assisting coalition members to take on leadership roles, providing language interpretation, tech support, note-taking taking etc.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience, and skills in organizational administrative work—including grants and contracts administrative support including data collection, entry and streamlining systems for organization.
- Experience and skills in payment processing and other administrative tasks.
- Understand the issues facing low-wage workers and immigrant communities as well as a demonstrated commitment to the leadership of immigrant working women, women of color, economic and social justice, and racial and gender equity.
- Bilingual; excellent oral communication in English and Spanish or Tagalog
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work well independently and has excellent time-management skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal, organizational skills and ability to work and communicate well with diverse groups and populations
- Detail oriented and be able to manage multiple, simultaneous areas of work on a regular basis.
- Proficient in the use of google programs such as Docs, Sheets, Slides.
- Willing to travel for meetings, events and mobilizations.
$55,000-60,000 per year DOE, plus full benefits. This is a full-time, non-exempt position at 40 hours per week. It includes an extensive benefit package, including health plan, dental plan, accident and life insurance, as well as support to cover commute costs and medical co-pays and employer contributions to a 401k plan after the first year of service. Our workplace culture prioritizes self-care and making time for family/community.
This Coalition staff position is hybrid-remote, based in the Bay Area, California.
Send resume, cover letter in Spanish and English and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note job title in the email subject line. No phone calls please!
This position is open until filled.
California Domestic Workers Coalition is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, immigrants, youth, LGBTQ, people with disabilities and current/former domestic workers are encouraged to apply!