Job Announcement: Logistics & Administrative Coordinator at CDWC
Job Announcement: Logistics & Administrative Coordinator
California Domestic Workers Coalition
Are you detail-oriented and organized and want to put your skills to work for immigrant women’s and workers’ rights? CDWC is seeking a Logistics and Administrative Coordinator to ensure that we have the systems and structures in place in order to build the voice and power of immigrant women workers.
The California Domestic Workers Coalition (CDWC) is a coalition of grassroots domestic worker organizations and their supporters from the labor, faith, domestic employer, women and other grassroots communities, who are working to advance the rights of domestic workers. Domestic workers make all other work possible. They are the housecleaners, nannies, caregivers, cooks, and gardeners who care for our loved ones and our homes. In California, there are approximately 300,000 domestic workers. An estimated 2 million households hire workers to support their everyday lives – yet domestic work is too often undervalued and invisibilized. We have come together as a statewide network to build the leadership and political power of domestic workers and to ensure that statewide laws and agencies protect domestic workers from abuse. Finally, we work to inspire all Californians to uphold the dignity of domestic workers inside and outside of our homes.
About the Logistics & Administrative Coordinator
CDWC is looking for a Logistics & Administrative Coordinator to lead the coordination of logistics for coalition meetings, programs, campaigns and policy implementation, as well as provide administrative support for Coalition operations, contracts and grants. The Logistics & Administrative Coordinator is key in making the Coalition’s work possible, creating the space and ensuring access for domestic worker leaders to practice their leadership, take action and build people power.
The Logistics & Administrative Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Operations Manager and in close collaboration with the staff team and Coalition organizers.
- Coordinate all aspects of logistics for coalition meetings, mobilizations, and other activities, including internal coalition communications (scheduling, confirmation of attendance, calendar invitations, Zoom meeting details, reminders, logistics details, and follow up notes and evaluations), transportation, accommodations, language access, venue, purchases (food, supplies, materials), rentals, vendor management, preparation of materials, accessibility, staffing, volunteer tasking, etc.
- Manage logistics correspondence with campaign targets (i.e. legislative offices): meeting requests, correspondence/follow-up, scheduling (calendar invitations to legislative offices for confirmed meetings), staff coordination and meeting confirmations (with list of attendees & Zoom details 1-2 business days prior) for lobby meetings, and coordinate follow-up thank you e-mails, and tracking of support.
- Track and deliver letters of support from allies and supporting organizations to campaign target offices and committees.
- Coordinate with CDWC staff to follow standard protocols for events and activities and logistics communications with organizations to ensure smooth organizational systems.
- Provide staffing support for meetings: assisting coalition members to take on leadership roles, providing language interpretation, tech support, note-taking taking etc.
Administrative and Operations Responsibilities
- Coordinate and process vendor/consultant invoices and staff reimbursement requests.
- Coordinate with Operations Manager to make necessary purchases and distribution of coalition materials, including office and meeting supplies, care and thank you packages, campaign prop, Know Your Rights materials, etc.
- Provide administrative support for grants and government contracts.
- Manage subscriptions and accounts (Zoom, Govbuddy, Adobe, etc.).
- Maintain email Listservs (adding/removing e-mails, starting new listservs).
- Respond to and/or field inquiries and follow-up with new contacts.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience, and skills in organizational operations work—including office operations, communications systems.
- Understand the issues facing low-wage workers and immigrant communities as well as a demonstrated commitment to the leadership of immigrant working women, women of color, economic and social justice, and racial and gender equity.
- Bilingual; excellent oral communication in English and Spanish
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work well independently and has excellent time-management skills.
- Strong coordination and project management skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal, organizational skills and ability to work well with diverse groups and populations
- Detail oriented and be able to multitask on a regular basis.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, Google apps.
- Willing to travel for meetings, events and mobilizations
- This Coalition staff position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
$55,000-60,000 per year DOE, plus full benefits
This is a full-time, non-exempt position at 40 hours per week. It includes an extensive benefit package, including health plan, dental plan, accident and life insurance, as well as support to cover commute costs and medical co-pays and employer contributions to a 401k plan after the first year of service. Our workplace culture prioritizes self-care and making time for family/community.
Send resume, cover letter in Spanish and English and three references to email@example.com
Note job title in the email subject line. No phone calls please!
This position is open until filled.
California Domestic Workers Coalition is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, immigrants, youth, LGBTQ, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply!