Logistics and Operations Coordinator
About the Logistics and Operations Coordinator:
CDWC is looking for an experienced Logistics and Operations Coordinator who is organized, technologically savvy, attentive to detail, and most importantly, is committed to social justice. The Logistics and Operations Coordinator ensures the smooth functioning of the organizational systems of CDWC and ensures that we have the structures in place in order to build the voice and power of immigrant women workers. The Logistics and Operations Coordinator provides the capacity and attention to detail that makes possible all of our statewide meetings, mobilizations, and events.
Under the supervision of the Director of Programs, the Logistics and Operations Coordinator also provides operational and administrative assistance to the Director and staff and assists with information management in support of the operation of the organization.
- Manage all aspects of logistics for coalition meetings, mobilizations, and other activities, including transportation, accommodations, venue, food, rentals, translation, turnout tracking, email communication & reminders, vendor management etc.
- Manage communication of logistics and follow-up, including evaluations, sending out notes, and next steps to mobilization, event, or meeting participants.
- Purchase and preparation of all materials, including preparation of lobby packets and other steering committee materials etc.
- Provide direct support and communication to steering committee organizations and members regarding logistics, turn-out etc.
Administrative and Operations Responsibilities
- Manage Vendors, Invoices, subcontractors and reimbursement requests of the coalition
- Manage the inventory, purchasing, and distribution of coalition materials, including t-shirts, buttons, Know Your Rights materials, bags etc.
- Administer SFMOHCD grant reports & invoicing, and steering committee regrants
- Prepare and communicate necessary background information, reminders, and agendas for staff and steering committee meetings
- Transcribe and translate meeting/retreat notes, documents as needed
- Field coalition inquiries and direct to appropriate staff and/or steering committee organization
- Maintain the CDWC Master Calendar, update coalition contacts, organize files and archives
- Liaison with fiscal sponsor, Mujeres Unidas y Activas, and share relevant information as needed.
- Coordinate volunteer and intern program
Director Support Responsibilities
- Maximize Director’s time with communications and commitments including the maintenance of their electronic calendar, scheduling and confirmation meetings, internal and external calls.
- Support with communication with CDWC Directors including setting meetings, agendas, and logistics during meetings ie Directors Circle
- Capture and enter data from key contacts that the Director has obtained into the CDWC database
- Support the Director with administrative tasks as needed, including submission of reimbursements and credits cards expenses
- Prepare the necessary background and information, with the staff and prep needed to prepare agendas for staff meetings
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience, and skills in organizational operations work—including office operations, communications systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, possess strong interpersonal, organizational skills, be detail oriented and be able to multitask on a regular basis.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, Google apps
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper compositional practices to aid in writing and proofreading.
- Possess the ability to think creatively to assist in special event planning, can work independently and has excellent time-management skills.
- Self-motivated—proven ability to work independently;
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work well with diverse groups and populations;
- Dedication and ability to work flexible hours and in both the East Bay and San Francisco.
- Bilingual; excellent oral communication in English and Spanish
- Understanding of issues facing low-wage workers and immigrant communities as well as a commitment to the leadership development of immigrant women
$48,000-$52,000 per year DOE, plus full benefits
This is a full-time, non-exempt position at 40 hours per week. It includes an extensive benefit package, including health plan, dental plan, accident and life insurance, as well as support to cover commute costs and medical co-pays and employer contributions to a 401k plan after the first year of service. Our workplace culture prioritizes self-care and making time for family/community.
Send your resume, your cover letter in Spanish and English, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note job title in the email subject line. No phone calls please!
This position is open until filled.
California Domestic Workers Coalition is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, immigrants, youth, LGBTQ, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply!