Your rights as a worker are enforced and protected by the California Labor Commissioner (also known as the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement or DLSE). DLSE investigates and resolves complaints about retaliation, wages, child labor, hours of work and working conditions.
A worker can recover up to three years of violations at the Labor Commissioner and up to four years if they file a case in court.
Legal Resource Clinics:
- Women’s Employment Rights Clinic (WERC)
- Call for a free consult: 415-442-6647
- Consultations available in Spanish & Tagalog
- Location: Golden Gate University School of Law; 536 Mission Street, San Francisco
- Legal Aid Society – Employment Law Center Worker’s Rights Clinic
- Mondays: 6 – 8PM. In-person consults by appointment only. Call (415) 864-8848 for appointment.
- Wednesdays: 5:45 – 7 PM consults via phone.
- English / Spanish (415) 864-8208 or (866) 864-8208
- Mandarin / Cantonese (415) 593-0066
- Location: Hastings Law School; 200 McAllister Street San Francisco, CA 94102
- Asian Law Caucus – Worker’s Rights Clinic
- 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the Month 5:30-8PM by appointment only. Call: (415) 896-1701 and press “0” to schedule with the Front Desk. Consults available in Cantonese, Vietnamese, English, Urdu, Hindi, Arabic.
- Location: Asian Americans Advancing Justice – ALC, 55 Columbus Avenue, San Francisco, CA
In Southern California
- Bet Tzedek Employment Rights Project Clinic
- 3250 Wilshire Blvd; 13th floor
- Los Angeles Ca 90010
- Sandra Munoz
- 5429 E Beverly Blvd.
- Los Angeles, Ca 90022
- Rose, Klein, and Maria’s
- 801 S Grand Ave 11th floor
- Los Angeles, Ca 90017
For our full California Labor and Employment Legal Referral List, click here.