TAKE DIGITAL ACTION!
TAKE DIGITAL ACTION
We urge Governor Newsom to sign SB 686 and stand on the right side of history! Domestic worker exclusion from basic health and safety protections is rooted in the legacy of slavery and anti-Black racism. It must end now!
Without the same protections that all other workers have, California’s domestic workers will continue to face exploitation, isolation, and life-threatening workplace conditions.
|Domestic Worker Week of Action – September 25-30|
We are making a call to all domestic workers, children and families of domestic workers, and supporters to demand greater dignity, respect, and justice for domestic workers – and urge Governor Newsom to sign health and safety rights into law!
- 🪧Make a sign, 🎨 draw a picture, 📸 take a photo, 📱record a video, 💌 write a poem, or any other creative content that shows your connection to domestic work or a domestic worker in your life.
- Post your creative content or a selfie with your creative content to your social media. OR submit to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can share your content on our page.
- Tag @cagovernor and use the hashtag #YesOnSB686
|Employer Week of Action – September 18-22|
As a domestic employer himself, Governor Newsom must sign SB 686 and ensure employers have the tools they need to make their homes a safe workplace! Please join our week of action in collaboration with Hand in Hand: The Domestic Employers Network
- Make a sign with a message of support or print one here
- Take a selfie or video holding your sign
- Post to your social media, tag @cagovernor and use the hashtags #TheirSafetyIsMySafety #YesOnSB686